Raleigh Sherwood City Bike - Sage
Ready to take a ride down memory lane? With a distinct retro look and a gorgeous wicker-style basket, this Instagrammable bike was born for long, leisurely rides through the city. In fact, all you need is a baguette and a basketful of flowers to look like you stepped right out of a Pinterest board. Beautiful.
Paying homage to the storied history of British cycling, the Sherwood blends modern components with an elegant, vintage feel you’ll fall head over heels for. In a throwback to Raleigh’s roots, the lightweight frame features graphics inspired by our humble beginnings in Nottingham, coated in a protective lacquer to keep your bike in tip-top condition.
Aside from its dreamy vintage features, the Sherwood has all the fixings of a cracking bike. The iconic steel frame has a relaxed geometry for an upright, easy ride, with additions like a Selle Royal saddle and soft detailed grips keeping you comfy on those longer journeys. Internally routed brake and derailleur cables make looking after your bike a doddle, while colour-coordinated mudguards keep your clothes dry on rainy days. Finished with a handy kickstand and a traditional ding-dong bell, this classic town bike has everything you need to rediscover your city.
- The classic steel twin tube shaped frame has relaxed geometry to give a comfortable riding position, with extra design features of internal cables and a steering limiter
- The rear brake and derailleur cables are routed inside the frame for low maintenance, to help reduce any trapped clothing incidents and to achieve a cleaner cable free look to your new bike
- When you stand up your bike using the aluminium propstand, sometimes the front wheel will randomly move to the right or left, a steering limiter will stop this little annoyance
- 7 speed Shimano Revoshift gears, with rotational shifters for easy gear changing
- Aluminium V-brakes for an improved braking performance
- Aluminium double wall rims for strength, with a CNC braking surface giving an improved surface for the brake blocks to brake against
- 700c tyres with a tread pattern suitable for roads, paths and trails, in cream to compliment the bike colours
- Swept back steelhandlebars allowing for a more relaxed, upright riding position, finished with soft trekking grips with stitching detail, coloured brown to match the saddle
- Comfort Women's saddle, a necessity, fitted on a lightweight aluminium seat post which allows the saddle to be adjusted forwards and back, to enhance your riding experience
- Aluminium classic chain cover, designed to protect fingers and clothes, colour matched to the rest of your bike
- Steel front and rear mudguards, perfect for keeping your clothes clean; finished with retro styled accessories; front aluminium nose detail, front guard flap for extra protection, and a rear round reflector
- Front basket, a must have accessory on this fashion inspired bike, ideal for transporting
- Three finishing touches; graphics under a clear coat to prevent damage, an aluminium propstand to keep your bike looking pristine and a ding dong bell for safety and added style